Thursday, September 4, 2008

OUR LITTLE ONE IS GONE.

A week ago today I was at the computer. I heard cries from an animal so I rushed out onto 6th st. I see this dog limping with her right leg kinda sticking out. A witness told me she got sideswiped by a car. She was in pain so I brought her home. I got her food and spent time with her rubbing her leg. I made her a bed and just spent the whole day taking care of her. After that day D and I made sure she was comfortable and taken care of. We got her treats,leash and collar and other essentials. She started to walk on her leg better and as I was getting to know her she was such a loving,funny sweet spirit. She would bark at night protecting the house and offer back the love we gave her. So today I get home and I'm greeted with excitement from her. I'm changing shirts and I here a knock at the door. These two cholo looking dudes tell me that I have their dog. They said they lived in Hacienda Heights and left last week out of town and left her at a friend's house who lived here in BH's. They said she got loose from the friends house and they've been looking for her since. I told them to please take care of her in the future. I gave them the rest of the treats, and bone we bought her. I gave her some last pets on her short, smooth coat and said goodbye. I'm a fucking mess right now but I hope she's taken care of better from now on. I fell in love with her in such a short time. I just hope the loving energy we gave her protects her for the years to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the sweetest post ever, Babe. We both became attached to her so quickly, it hurts now she's gone. We just have to hope they are showering her with love and are taking better care of her. You rescued her, you did a wonderful thing. I'm sure she will miss us too.
Love you,
D

Anonymous said...

You have such a great heart Gabriel. I got teary eyed when I was reading your blog. I'm sorry, I know how much you love animals and I can only imagine how heart breaking it is to see your "Chiquita" go. I wish her all the best and I'm sure she wont forget all the love you and Darlene gave her.

Raquel Gutierrez said...

Damn those cholos, man! At least they didn't call her Salinas...lots of dogs out there that could use a big lug like you, guy!